Follow me to “Vivid Sydney”, lights are on from 24 May to 10 June.
Enjoy the light, music and ideas!
Let’s do the same. Take your “Follow me” photos around the world.
How to make your version of “Follow me to”?
1.Set up your camera: Here are few tips for camera settings.
- Exposure compensation: “Exposure compensation (http://godigitalslr.com/introduction-exposure-compensation-digital-slr-photography/) can be used when you are in any of the metering modes (Matrix/Evaluative, Center-weighted or Spot) as well as when you are shooting in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or Program modes.”You could take few photos and examine the results, make sure the exposure compensation setting is correct.
- Do not shot in a super sunny day. If you have to, please make sure you are back to the sun. So you could still have nice shadows of hairs and shoulder.
Now we use our “follow me to” version as a sample to do a short tutorial about colour correction by using Photoshop.
*There are some photos that I took in previous Vivid Sydney.
Now time to make your version of “Follow me to” Photos!
What are elements that helped this photograph appeal to the group of intended audience? Please wait for our next post “Follow me to going viral“.
- Introduction to Exposure Compensation in Digital SLR Photography, Anthony Hutchinson, <http://godigitalslr.com/introduction-exposure-compensation-digital-slr-photography/>, (Retrieved in January 2012)
- Getting the Exposure You Want, Part II, Kathy Eyster, < http://www.essentialdigitalcamera.com/2010/07/getting-exposure-you-want-part-ii.html>, (Retrieved on 5 July 2010)
- Aperture/ISO/Shutter Speed Tutorial, Sammie Masters-Hopkins< http://hncsmh.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/apertureisoshutter-speed-tutorial.html>, (Retrieved on 9 October 2012)