What is marriage?
Marriage is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent . Marriage bring a man and a woman together as husband and wife to be father and mother to any children their union produces. This is why 41 states in U.S affirm that marriage is between a man and a woman and do not allow same sex marriage.
However, there are some states allow same-sex marriage that allow gays, lesbians, … to marriage. So should or should not allow same-sex marriage? And why?
Should allow same-sex marriage
1) We have gay mates who pay their taxes and live by the law. Therefore, they must have right like others who can get marriage normally .
2) Every parent wants to see their son or daughter get marriage .
3) Same-sex marriage will decrease the divorce rate. In U.S, there is more than 50% of married couples get divorced. By allowing same-sex marriage will increase marriage rates because less couples will get divorced due to incompatibility or infertility .
4) Increase amount of children successfully adopted. Because who have same-sex marriage, cannot be pregnant, therefore they can adopt children who living without their parents .
Should not allow same-sex marriage
1) It is not marriage. Because in many thousand years ago, marriage bring a man and a woman together to procreate and educate children .
2) It violates natural law. Because marriage is not just relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law .
3) It validates and promotes the homosexual lifestyle. By promoting same-sex marriage will devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality .